Thursday, October 8, 2020

Week 7 Story: Sinbad the Sailor - The Sixth Voyage

  Sinbad the Sailor: The Sixth Voyage (Story Source)


The past three months have gone by without much going on. This was a peaceful time of rest compared to Sinbad's typical adventures, but that was all about to change.

Sinbad was grateful for this peaceful period of his life, but he needed adventure. Little did he know that his next adventure was right around the corner. 

As Sinbad was walking around the market one day, he overheard talk of a long voyage towards new lands. Sinbad was very intrigued.

He made his way to the docks and found the captain that was to set sail. The captain said he could use more hands on board as long as Sinbad carried his weight. Off they went.

Not long into their voyage, a dark storm arose and their ship had nowhere to go. They were tossed around for days until eventually a large cliff appeared and the ship was dashed against it. 

Sinbad was the only one that was able to scramble onto the rocks and make it to safety. Once he was on the island, he stumbled upon a cave that was filled with diamonds and rubies. Sinbad also found a lot of water and plentiful fruit. He decided that this was a place that he could reside for at least a little while.


A movie cover for the 7th Voyage of Sinbad (Picture Source)


5 comments:

  1. Hey, Tatum

    I really enjoyed the formatting of your piece. It felt more poetic as well as prose. A lot of stories I read have big chunks of paragraphs and a lot of details to incorporate throughout them, which causes the reader like myself to get lost while reading it and forgetting particular details just due to the amount of writing there is present. With yours, I felt like you were able to incorporate a lot of detail in your piece while also keeping it organized in a way that is easy to read. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tatum!

    I enjoyed your take on the classic story; it was short and to the point--very refreshing to read. It was great that you were still able to maintain the plot of the story with minimal words. I guess Sinbad was kind of lucky that he ended up at a cave filled with jewels and resources to survive. I did notice that there was not an author’s note to provide more details or context referring to the original story though; this may be helpful to readers who haven’t read the original story or watched the movie. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tatum! I really liked how you started the story. It really got me engaged and wanting to know what was going to happen because it said this one was different from the other adventures so great job on that. I also liked the ending how he ended up being the only one that made it out and although that was sad he ended up having all of those treasures and things to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    I like your retelling of the story. I have always loved the tales of Sinbad. It was nice to read a short story engaging story about Sinbad after such a long time of not reading or seeing anything about him. So, funny thing, I've actually seen that movie. I love older movies. While it's super cheesy and maybe not really a fit for today, I found it somewhat enjoyable. I can't wait to see what else you write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tatum! I really enjoyed the way you retold this story. I think you did a great job and really made me want to know what happened next after Sinbad found the cave. Your picutre of the movie banner makes me want to go watch the voyage of Sinbad and see it expanded upon.

    ReplyDelete

Famous Last Words Finishing the Class

 This week was a great week to finish up with. King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table was a very interesting topic and something tha...