Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Favorite Place: Grand Lake

 My parents have a house at Grand Lake in Monkey Island, Oklahoma. It is definitely one of my favorite places because it is a getaway where I get to spend time with family and friends. It has been even more of a getaway with everything that is going on in the world today. Up there it is like Covid-19 isn't even happening! 


File:Grand Lake in Oklahoma.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Grand_Lake_in_Oklahoma.jpg/800px-Grand_Lake_in_Oklahoma.jpg

My dad and I love to golf, so we do plenty of that when we are up there. Their house is on the Shangri-La Resort golf course which gives us plenty of opportunities to do what we love. 


About - Shangri-La 

https://www.shangrilaok.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/clubhouse.jpg


I can't wait till I have a family of my own and can take them up there to spend time with their grandparents and the rest of our family. 

Oklahoma Today | Oklahomatoday.com - This Grand Lake Resort is ...https://d1nyedprbrntd2.cloudfront.net/generated/fit-in/925x3000/Shangri-La%202018/Shangri%20La_LD_9369.jpeg



1 comment:

  1. YES!!! I've been thinking the same thing about these lovely get-away places people have been sharing, Tatum! And I remember reading last spring about some group of hikers that came down I think from the Rockies in Colorado who had not had any news: and they came back into a world of COVID not even knowing at all what had happened while they were off camping. Maybe you can make a retreat during the semester... getaway and golf are going to both sound pretty good as the semester gets more intense. :-)
    With the images, Blogger is not so good with those URLs, but if you type in a bit of text, highlight the text, and then click the link icon, you can paste in the URL to make a nice clickable link, like this:
    Wikipedia: Grand Lake in Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete

Famous Last Words Finishing the Class

 This week was a great week to finish up with. King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table was a very interesting topic and something tha...