Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: _Homer's Odyssey_

Week 4: _Bible Women_

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: _Twenty-Two Goblins________

Week 6: _Sinbad__

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: _The Monkey King________

Week 9: _Brer Rabbit________

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: _Cherokee________

Week 11: __Hero Tales_______

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: _Celtic Tales________

Week 13: _Alice in Wonderland________

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: _Russian________

Week 15: _Inferno________


    I'd say I am most excited for the different Hero Tales that I chose because I enjoy reading spy novels the most out of any genre. The hero tales have the same sort of background in that its about somebody saving someone or something. I'm not exactly sure about where I would like to go with this class, but I am hoping that as the semester progresses, something will jump out to me and grab my attention. Right now the first thing that comes to mind would be to do something about Huckleberry Finn but we shall see.

I chose this image about Huckleberry Finn because I like his sense of melancholy adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words Finishing the Class

 This week was a great week to finish up with. King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table was a very interesting topic and something tha...